Matt Merritt, Bird Watching magazine
- "The perfect practical companion for anyone planning to spend the summer trying to get a bit closer to nature"
- "What really makes this book worth snapping up is that [Lowen] is so good at evoking the sights, sounds and smells of the natural phenomena he describes"
Rebecca Armstrong, Birdwatch magazine
- "The days out are inspiring & demonstrate much of the wonderful wildlife we have in Britain."
- "The descriptions for the outings are evocative."
- "Especially useful to anyone with children to keep entertained throughout the summer holiday."
- "A well designed book."
Matthew Deans, Atropos magazine
- "very well thought-out, inspiring and handy"
- "good value for money"
Graham Etherington, Rare Bird Alert
Amy-Jane Beer, BBC Wildlife magazine
- "This book will fuel your imagination, frame your desires and simplify logistics for the summer ahead... an ideal addition to any family bookshelf".
- "An ideal addition to any family bookshelf, though it should also spend plenty of time over the years in your backpack or glove compartment".
- "Lowen maintains a lovely tone, necessarily practical but also occasionally poetic - a friendly, encouraging and knowledgable companion."
Chris Packham, BBC Springwatch Unsprung
- "A brilliant idea!"
- "100 very well proposed and laid-out suggestions of where you should go and what you should see in a British summer"
David Campbell, Birdguides
- "Filled with all the best ideas for a memorable, wildlife-filled summer"
- "Each attractive double spread is brought to life with lively, lucid prose that is both edifying and delightful to read"
- "Lowen beautifully touches on aspects of the ecology, culture and history surrounding the target species and the sites covered, alongside a pack of helpful hints for a successful outing"
- "Suggests myriad ways to enjoy British wildlife over the summer months"
- "For anybody wishing to take delight in a few simple trips looking at a breadth of incredible British wildlife this summer, A Summer of British Wildlife will lend inspiration and, together with the necessary identification knowledge or handbooks, all the information you will need."
- "Anyone with children will surely find it a delightful and invaluable aid to enjoying the outdoors with them and passing on a precious affection for the natural world."
- "A delightful and invaluable aid to enjoying the outdoors with children"
- Read the full review here
Nick Brown, Derbyshire Wildlife Trust
- "Subtitled “100 great days out watching wildlife”, this book certainly does that."
- "Lavishly illustrated, easy to read and to find your way around."
- "If you... have seen the local specialities and want to venture further afield, this book will be very useful in directing you to all parts of the country to see a wide range of species"
Ray Collier, Highland News
- "What impressed me the most was the sheer amount of information so well presented and so full of ideas"
- "I just wish I had this book when I first visited the Highlands"
Debbie Young, Today's Child magazine
- "If you're sticking to a staycation, this book will help you plan wholesome outings"
- Written by someone whose passion for nature began at the tender age of three, this book should appeal to all ages"
A Summer of British Wildlife